How to Block Paytm, PhonePe, and Deactivate UPI Payments if Phone is Lost
This generation is all about digital. Every payment is done through payment apps such as Paytm, and PhonePe. This increases their concern regarding the details saved on the phone and if it is lost. So to help you out we have come up with this article.
Today we will discuss how each one of us can prevent payment apps from being misused by anyone. UPI (Unified Payments Interface) in India has become a necessity and we all have at least one payment app installed.
So, today we will read how we can block payment apps such as Paytm and PhonePe. Apart from this, we will also find out how UPI payments can be deactivated.
How to Temporarily Block Paytm Account
The very first step is to call the Paytm Payments Bank helpline number. The number is 01204456456.
- Now, you will have to select the option for a lost phone.
- The next step is to choose the option that allows you to enter a different number and then dial your lost phone number.
- Choose the option to log out from all devices.
- After this, you have to head to the Paytm website and select 24×7 Help.
- From there Report a Fraud and click on any category.
- Now, click on any issue and then on the Message Us button at the bottom (Message is sent).
- At last, you will have to submit one proof of account ownership which are:
- Submit debit/ credit card statement showing Paytm account transactions
- Confirmation email or SMS for a Paytm account transaction
- Proof of phone number ownership
- Police complaint proof against lost or stolen phone.
Once the above-mentioned steps are done, Paytm will validate and block your account. You will receive a confirmation message.
How to Block PhonePe Account
Phone Pe users need to call 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- Choose the option to report a problem with your Phone Pe account.
- Enter the registered number on which an OTP will be sent for confirmation.
- Now, select the option for not having received OTP.
- Select the option: report loss of SIM or device.
- An executive will help you to block your PhonePe account after getting a few information such as phone number, email id, last transaction, etc.
How to Deactivate UPI Payments
Before doing so, you must note that you must not share your UPI PIN with anyone during this process.
- Call the customer executive of your network carrier and block the phone number. During this process, you will be asked for a few information such as your full name, address, last transaction, etc.
- Now, call on your bank helpline number and ask them to block the account and disable the UPI service linked with your phone number.
- File an FIR (first information report) about losing your mobile phone.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Meet the Author
Gillion is a multi-concept WordPress theme that lets you create blog, magazine, news, review websites. With clean and functional design and lots of useful features theme will deliver amazing user experience to your clients and readers.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!